Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homework....

Unfortunately, I am afraid that this will be a common subject at this time of night as I reflect on the past 3 hours. Seriously. (And today was a pretty good day). I had both of my kids in tears by 7 p.m. Now please, I promise that is not my goal...but here is the info...
My daughter wanted to argue that she should subtract 750 from 534 when it was actually the other way around (she is in 3rd grade....no negative numbers here). I tried to explain, ad nauseum, that if she wanted to find out "how many more boxes of cookies did Natalie need to sell to meet her goal of 750 boxes of cookies when she had already sold 534 boxes of cookies?" - she needed to SUBTRACT 534 from 750!!!! My daughter wanted to first subtract 750 from 534....somehow she got 33. THEN she wanted to add who-knows-what together. By the end of it she was in tears and I was pouring my second glass of wine......THEN...
My son....after completing his homework...did not understand why he had to work on his pinecar derby car instead of playing Skylanders. "Isn't that Daddy's car anyway????" Poor child doesn't understand that it is HIS car that Daddy makes....but he is SUPPOSED to be interested in it!!
O.K. I am on my third glass of wine.....really??????

1 comment:

  1. I am literally laughing out loud. This is hilarious! I can't wait to hear about the woes of teaching decimals and fractions. I guess that's probably a couple of years away...you might want to join a wine of the month club to start stocking up between now and then :)

    ReplyDelete