Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to NOT be tired at 3 p.m.

O.K. so I am sitting here trying to figure out how to NOT be tired at the exact time that I pick up my children from school. I mean seriously...I am certainly WORKING while at home but it seems like I am supposed to be full of energy when my homework arrives home from school...but for some reason I am not. Maybe it's that same old dread of homework (certainly no one thinks that the kids actually do this work on their own from their own intrinsic desire to get it done). Anyway...homework is another topic, for now I need to find a way to energize myself in the late afternoon. An afternoon run, a cup of coffee, a nap? I have tried them all but nothing seems to work. Three o'clock is too early for a glass of wine (although it is 5 o'clock somewhere...right?), but wine will just relax me anyway and I need to rev up - not relax.
I am a stay-at-home mom for Pete's sake...that is the time when my MOM part really kicks in....I need to figure this out.
...still thinking....not sure what I will try today but I will let you know...

2 comments:

  1. I have not been able to figure that one out either. I am actually having my afternoon cup of coffee right now! I have also tried naps and working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. so....I took a short "power nap" for about 20 minutes....not sure that it did anything but made me more tired... :( But then drank a Diet Mountain Dew soda. Diet - because I don't need the extra calories and Mountain Dew because it has more caffeine than coffee (and in Houston when it is 70 degrees in January I am not loving coffee in the afternoon)....the Mountain Dew worked pretty well. I am still going at 8 p.m. Thanks Mountain Dew!!!

    ReplyDelete